April 27, 2004
Best of British Columbia
The BC Basket (as nominated by Early Edition listeners)
- Salt Spring Island Goat Cheese (with honourable mention to Natural Pastures cheese)
- Chocolate Arts Native Designed Medallions
- BC Ice Wine
- BC Fruit wine and blackberry port
- Smoked wild salmon, including Indian Candy
- Any kind of jam or jelly made from BC native plants, such as Huckleberry
- Jelly from the Siska Traditions line near Lytton
- Little Creek Salad Dressing from Kelowna
This is not a complete list by any means, just some of the entries that stood out in the notes I received from listeners. For a complete list of nominations, please visit my blog entry.
April 6, 2004
Barbara-jo's Books To Cooks
A great time was had by all at Barbara-Jo's Books To Cooks as Barbara-jo McIntosh launched her latest book, Great Chefs Cook at Barbara-Jo's. Vicki Gabereau, whose mother is a long-time friend of Barbara-jo's, was on hand, as were other admiring writers, journalists and food industry friends.
The store is always worth a visit, but if you can't get there, you can always visit on-line at www.bookstocooks.com