FALLEN OFF THE RESOLUTION WAGON? Don't Just Sit There! SEVEN TIPS TO GET YOU BACK ON TRACK
By mid-January, many New Year's Resolutions are a thing of the past! All that's left of the celebration, hope and self-promises are empty bags of potato chips, new gym clothes languishing in the closet and a load of self-imposed guilt! Jump out of the 'fallen off the wagon already rut' and get back on track. Itıs not that hard to do, and youıre not alone in your battle.
On average, only 20% of the people who make resolutions keep them, but the secret to success isn't as hard as it seems. Shrug off the setback and refocus. Sound easy? It is with the right attitude.
Losing weight and getting fit are always at the top of the resolution list. Deanna Embury, President and co-owner of The Specialty Gourmet explains, 'If you're one of the many who have resolved (again) to finally get healthy and lose weight this year, and are already having trouble because you just don't know how or where to start, arming yourself with the right support will ensure you don't make the same futile resolution year after year.'
Restart your resolutions using the following tips to help you succeed:
- Decide on a specific and attainable goal. Don't set yourself up to fail by putting unrealistic expectations on yourself. For example, add 1 extra vegetable to your evening meal 3 times a week and walk for half an hour 3 times a week not just 'eat healthier or exercise more'.
- Write down a specific strategy for staying on track. Rarely does anyone achieve a goal without a well thought-out and documented plan.
- Ask friends and family for support and make sure they know what your goal is so they can motivate you. Committing to a healthy diet with a partner also makes sticking to it much easier. Ask for encouragement and support. Positive reinforcement helps!
- Keep working at it. If you want to change any pattern in your lifestyle you need to repeat the behavior for at least 21 days straight before it will become a new habit.
- Keep track of each small success as you move towards reaching your larger goal. Achieving a series of small goals will motivate you to keep on track. (Keep a journal and mark down the days you accomplish your workouts and improved eating habits.)
- If you have a setback, start over again right away donıt give up just because you slip. Get right back out there the next day working toward your goals.
- Make the work to achieve your goal as convenient as possible. Sign up for fitness, yoga or Pilates classes close to home. Buy a workout video and exercise at home.
About The Specialty Gourmet
The Specialty Gourmet (TSG) delivers a daily supply of freshly prepared, gourmet healthy meals to your door. No deprivation, no guilt, just great energy-boosting, well-balanced dishes from one of four specialty diet programs. For more information about TSG, please visit www.thespecialtygourmet.com, call 604-685-7054 or email email@example.com.