Barbecue Fajitas with Veggie Sausages
For a spicy fajita use Spicy Italian Veggie Sausages from Yves Veggie Cuisine. For a milder fajita use Bavarian Veggie Sausages from Yves Veggie Cuisine.
- 1 pkg. Yves Veggie Cuisine veggie sausages (Spicy Italian or Bavarian)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, use a Walla Walla or a Vidalia
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 12 tbsp. guacamole - store bought or try our recipe
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- 4 large whole-wheat soft tortillas
- Lightly oil barbecue and preheat to medium high heat.
- Cut each pepper into quarters and remove seeds.
- Cut onion into ¼ inch slices.
- Brush peppers and onion with canola oil. Place on barbecue and grill until almost blackened on both sides. Remove. Set onion aside. Slice peppers into thin strips and set aside.
- Grill sausage until heated through, turning regularly and brushing with oil if needed.
- Remove from grill and slice each sausage into 8 pieces. Set aside.
- Assemble Fajitas - spread each tortilla with 3 tbsp. Guacamole, 2 tbsp. Salsa, 2 tbsp. Cilantro, and 1 tbsp. fat free sour cream. Top with sliced veggie sausage and ¼ of the grilled onion. Roll tortilla up and serve.
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Gently stir together all ingredients. Use immediately.